Σάββατο 4 Αυγούστου 2012

In our endeavors to recall to memory something long forgotten, we often find ourselves upon the very verge of remembrance, without being able, in the end, to remember.




Going out this Thursday to see the most big and the most amazing moon of the year (expect from the one in May) it was surely a beautiful night!


At last after some hard work i finally finish with my room. Putting everything down, i found some hidden memories of my childhood! But now everything is on their place and so happy with the result!


I had try to make so many sketches of my beloved writer in the past but most of them, well, didnt look like him. But today i was in the mood so i tried once again. Here is the result. Is not a copy of the usual photos of him but it is something! A mini portrait of Edgar Allan Poe.


Hymn (translation from the Greek) by Edgar Allan Poe
Hymn to Aristogeiton and Harmodius

I
Wreathed in myrtle, my sword I'll conceal,
Like those champions devoted and brave, 
When they plunged in the tyrant their steel,
And to Athens deliverance gave.
II
Beloved heroes! your deathless souls roam
In the joy breathing isles of the blest;
Where the mighty of old have their home—
Where Achilles and Diomed rest.
III
In fresh myrtle my blade I'll entwine,
Like Harmodius, the gallant and good, 
When he made at the tutelar shrine
A libation of Tyranny's blood.
IV
Ye deliverers of Athens from shame! 
Ye avengers of Liberty's wrongs!
Endless ages shall cherish your fame, 
Embalmed in their echoing songs!

4 σχόλια:

  1. Oh, your childhood toys are so charming. I would kill to keep some of my dolls and stuff myself. I just retain my favourite teddy bear, it has been with me since I was a baby. Indeed, it was in my cradle when I arrived from the hospital for the very first time. It´s wonderful that you show that romantic spirit :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I had so many things most of them are away now, to other families or in garbage (broken stuff etc)! I kept the good and strong ones and the most meaningful to me (as your bear) and when i see them every time i travel back in to my childhood days!! I miss them :$

      Διαγραφή
  2. Books~ And toys! They look very cute~
    And that portrait is great, I could immediately tell who it was even without any texts! And I do adore your pencil work~

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Thank youu very much <3 I never had gone to school or anything so whenever i sketch is not the professional one's, with the shadows etc. So i was a little skeptical about portraits, if it will look like him ^^ But i guess thats is the unique part! Again thank you for your amazing words <3

      Διαγραφή

A special thank you to those who take the time to write me.
The reaction button is anon so feel free to "check" your honest opinion!. Take care :)