Δευτέρα 13 Οκτωβρίου 2014

"All human beings, as we meet them, are commingled out of good and evil...


...and Edward Hyde, alone, in the ranks of mankind, was pure evil.” 
Robert Louis Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.



I bought the The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
in English the previous summer [old post] and i loved it with all my heart.
It's a marvellous very atmospheric (small!) horror novella.
So i set out on a quest (as i usually do for the sake of my book collection) to find the perfect
hard-cover edition. And i found it, during summer, for only 5€.
Beautiful and inexpensive?! Perfect!!


The book includes the Treasure Island an adventure novel 
and the Kidnapped a historical fiction adventure novel. 


Movie recommendation 
[and one of my all time favourite (silent) films!]

4 σχόλια:

  1. Πολυαγαπημένοι όλοι (και ο σχιζοφρενής και ο φρικιός).
    Να σε προξενέψω στον αδελφό μου; Κι αυτός για δέσιμο είναι:-D

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. I absolutely love The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde! I read it a few years ago, so I must reread it, for details are somewhat lacking in my brain. However, I did see a musical adaptation-- simply called Jekyll and Hyde-- in July at the local high school; it was brilliant! It was indeed atmospheric, and the acting was superb,-- I think the actor of Jekyll/Hyde should front a metal band, ha-- and it had a theme of eerie Victorian madness, which is my favourite aesthetic. The philosophy is wonderful. And I have been intending to see The Cabinet of Caligari! I wish you a glorious(ly spooky) week, my dear. <3

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. There is something special about a hard cover book of a classical tale; it never get out of date in the book shelf!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. OHMY ÖWÖ. That is one beautiful book not to mention that the stories it holds... *insert hearts*!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

A special thank you to those who take the time to write me.
The reaction button is anon so feel free to "check" your honest opinion!. Take care :)