Κυριακή 8 Ιουλίου 2012

Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.


For the first time in history of my town all the old - antique shops united their "power" in one magnificent event the previous Sunday. So i dress myself up, took a book for company and went there! In my city there are - still - countless antique shops to visit but it was the first time you could see everyone in one place. If you have the money you can own so many treasures!


My Edgar Allan Poe book...


Old books, furniture, decorations, collective items, card postal , any antique item your mind can imagine was there.  I was like a child in a candy land, looking around feeling dizzy from all the amazing things they had. So many things i cannot even start to describe how lovely the event was!


I had in my mind to buy a teapot (ok one day maybe i will make a whole set!) especially black and if it was old even better.  The other one was to buy a mirror for my daily makeup [x] and or a smaller one. 

Done, done and done. 
Three things i can erase from my decoration list!.


The teapot is from England, 1890 (oh yes!) as the lady informed me ( & written in the bottom ). And the mirror, as the old man informed me, was sold to him (family) by a rich woman who came from Smyrna to Greece in 1920. 

8 σχόλια:

  1. What a great day you had! I wish we had more antique shops here, we have just one and its really pricey :/ I love your mirror, remind me a bit mine, but yours is better as its vintage :) Hows the weather in your place? God, here is so hot, but its getting a bit better, I hope I will survive this heat :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. We have a lot shops here but we have the same problem, all the items they sell are extremely pricey and you dont even think on getting them. Thats why for now i only buy small items! Its like yours is just a little bigger! Oh the heat is awful, i starting having problems with breathing and especially the Sunday i went there it was a torture, but seeing all these amazing things it was like spring ^^ Hope that too sweety and stay hydrate as much as you can <3

      Διαγραφή
  2. Vintage fairies are always a temptation too hard to resist. Indeed, I try not to go unless I am able to buy a reasonable ammount of stuff. Last time I visited one without money enough on me I found a dozen china teacups from the pre-revolutionary Russia and could not get them. I got so angry that I promised to myself do not do that again :P

    The mirror is glorious, how did you get all that information about the original owner? I think it is facinating.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I agree with you dear, but if i want to go there i will be happy if i could buy even one item! The history is unique in every item and that makes it so special! So when we will get rich we will buy them all :P When i got there i talked with a lot of shop owners and they told me that they keep a record of every item they have in their possession. When they buy from someone something they ask about the details of the item, sometimes noone knows about the history but most times (and i was super lucky in that) they know! Both items i got the sellers knew everything! I also bought so many books i will upload in an other post ^^

      Διαγραφή
  3. How gorgeous findings! Particularly the mirror, those engravings are stunning. I wish we had more antique shops here, I actually haven't found a single good one in my place.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Thank you very much :D I realized that people, form past generations, throw away so many things that now people sell them in high prices and they are valuable to some others! You don't have flea markets where you live? This is also a great place to find beauties waiting for you ^^

      Διαγραφή

A special thank you to those who take the time to write me.
The reaction button is anon so feel free to "check" your honest opinion!. Take care :)