Σάββατο 27 Απριλίου 2013

The past is never dead. It's not even past.



Its all about the spring we never had in my country. 
Some trees naked yet, trying to reach weather's craziness and my flowers 
are giving birth to some beautiful babies.


During winter i had some herbs and some vegetables like radish,
rocket, parsley, rosemary, 
sage, cardamom and often some mint but sun will
give me even more options! 


Nothing like a wonderful plate with strawberries for a breakfast,
or a Greek salad. 


So my best friend had her birthday yesterday!
We went outside with friends to celebrate it and even if i had a terrible headache at first,
after a while it was the least of my concerns.. 


Wonderful night..


I wore a very simple black dress with an asymmetric lower part 
i bought some weeks back. A fustian black coat, second handed that i had to make 
it smaller is a great "hug" to the strangely cold night weather.


Ok, here is the most heartbreaking book i have ever read.
I read it years ago and since i managed to have it again i read it once again. 

The Bloody Soil  is one of the most famous novels by the Greek writer Dido Sotiriou.
Issued in 1962, has been translated into many languages ​​(including English, Bulgarian,
Estonian, French, German, etc.). According to the publishing house
has released more than 400,000 copies.


The book describes the life of Emmanuel Axioti who lived in Turkish battalions of 14-18, 
later became a soldier of the Greek army and then lived the destruction of Asia Minor, 
captivity and exile. Refers to the life of the Greeks of Asia Minor and the Asia Minor Catastrophe. 
I was crying pretty much in every 5 pages. 

6 σχόλια:

  1. It's autumn for me, here in Australia. We don't get much of a spring here either, just a long hot summer. The flowers on your balcony look lovely! They are the silver-lining to the very warm weather to come. :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. That is a global think and it makes me so sad. Spring as i remember it was a lovely season. Anything but summer! The previous summer the heat and the sun burn some of my flowers i hope i will save them this time! Lucky for you having autumn ^^

      Διαγραφή
  2. <3 gorgeous as always. you know, the first flower you showed; i used to eat those as a kid!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. I love that make up, it`s so beautiful. Especially your eyes looks so pretty on these pics. :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Hello thank you for your comment and for your beautiful words <3 What can be more amazing than some smooky-eyes make up?! I loved it!! Thank you!!

      Διαγραφή

A special thank you to those who take the time to write me.
The reaction button is anon so feel free to "check" your honest opinion!. Take care :)